Position Title: Concrete Project Superintendent
Reports to: Operations Manager/Project Management
Direct Reports: Field Manpower
A concrete project superintendent is a person who plans and ensures the coordination of concrete construction and has the responsibility of supervising the concrete portions of the project. The Superintendent ensures that quality work is being put into place, the schedule is being maintained, and that the budget is followed as planned. Responsibilities are all-encompassing of the total supervision of all the concrete operations on the site to ensure that the workers are implementing what is designed, project is completed on time, and that safety and company standards are met. Concrete Superintendents work hand in hand with the General Contractors to assure accurate and timely sequencing of the project that best benefits Concrete Strategies and the job. Concrete Superintendent also coordinates on a weekly basis with the Operations Managers and Project Management for global manpower and resource scheduling as well as successful project communication and execution.
- Coordination with Operations managers for all concrete schedules/operations.
- Daily communications/coordination with the Project Management staff to ensure successful project communication and execution.
- Being on site to supervise and oversee all concrete construction processes
- Ensuring that the budget is followed in terms manpower productions and material expenditures.
- Organizing and scheduling the field labor and ensuring that they are performing as required
- Coordinates with other subcontractors and ensures proper planning and work harmony.
- Ensure that quality is preserved in the concrete construction process and that the budget is maintained
- Tracking and reporting project progress on a daily and weekly basis.
- Tracking and accurately capturing/reporting time for the field manpower they oversee.
- Continuously monitor productivity and percentage complete, identifying problems and potential delays, and provide solutions to overcome and delays or challenges.
Job Specific Competencies/behaviors:
- Vast knowledge and experience of concrete construction ranging from Footings, walls, flatwork, tilt up, paving.
- General knowledge of scheduling concrete work activities and how they relate to other trades and scopes of work.
- Safety Conscious and willing to implement the CSI safety culture to our projects.
- Has adequate level of Spanish speaking skills to communicate with the field labor as needed.
- Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
- 10 or more years experience in commercial/industrial concrete construction, on projects of 2+ million, ideally with specific experience in Tilt-up Construction
- Previous experience as a Concrete Superintendent is a must.
- Ability to effectively supervise construction employees and to accomplish work within budget and schedule.
- Able to maintain positive working relationships with all construction groups - management, owners, trades and subcontractors.
- Able to balance and prioritize multiple deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A solid understanding of the company's Safety First philosophy and practice.
- Above-average working knowledge of technology and related resources.
- Very strong work ethic with the willingness to travel and/or relocate.
- Travel could be up to 100% depending on the project location.
- Must be able to lift large objects that weigh at least 60 lbs.
- Regularly works on-site at the construction worksite where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions and risk to electrical shock.
- Noise level is usually moderate to very loud.
- Motivated, hardworking, team player.