Commercial Concrete Laborer (Class A CDL Required)
- Perform general construction labor to include job site clean-up and moving of materials by hand.
- Operating motorized equipment including power tools, saws, hammers, nails, and bolts.
- Work requires alert individuals with good balance and physical strength.
- Assist in the pouring of vertical concrete.
- Install reshores per instructions.
- Working during inclement weather could be exposed to extreme cold and heat, noise and dust from construction operations depending upon the project site.
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle.
- Ensure the trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to the tractor unit.
- Transport goods from the place of origin to the assigned destination.
- Pick-up loads and organizes goods in an ordered, logical manner.
- Ensure contents are properly secured inside of the truck to prevent breakage or damage.
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload goods at selected destinations.
- Obtain signatures or warehouse scans to confirm and complete deliveries with clients.
- Assist in mapping delivery routes.
- Stay on the predetermined route and ensure timely deliveries.
- Communicate with dispatch as needed.
- Confirm the contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document.
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip.
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure.
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean.
- Maintain and service vehicles as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.).
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered.
- Follow the delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times.
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs.
- Track and report working hours.
- Adhere to company rules and regulations.
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions.
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations.
- Make safety a priority at all times.
- Experience in the construction or contracting industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, and crouch for extended periods of time up to ten (10) hours per day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, carry forms.
- Must work safely at all times.
- Exposure to the elements of heat, cold, rain, wind.