Commercial Concrete Finisher
Responsible for performing a variety of carpentry tasks associated with prepping, pouring, placing, and finishing of concrete. Tasks include erecting and setting forms for concrete structures, foundations, buildings, and site work per specifications and drawings. This may include concrete tilt-wall forms, symon forms and/or structural forms for columns, decks, elevator cores, parking garages and other cast-in-place concrete structures.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and prints.
- Build and/or assemble wood or metal forms for the construction of concrete floors, slabs, walls, columns, tilt-walls, elevated concrete slabs, elevator cores, stairways, etc.
- Set and place forms to proper elevations and locations and may aid in installing reinforcing steel
- Set and erect forms using a wide variety of materials and forming systems, primarily symon forms
- Verify accuracy of structures using a plumb bob, carpenters level, laser and/or digital transit.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level
- Communicate with Foreman, Riding Boss, or Project Manager regarding any problems arising, materials required, or any safety hazards identified
- Ensure equipment is all in safe working condition
- May help signal concrete deliverer to position truck to facilitate pouring
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety policies and guidelines
- Assist with placement of concrete as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience in construction or contracting industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail