Commercial Construction Mechanic
The construction/diesel mechanic will perform routine maintenance and repairs on construction equipment, small engines, gas/diesel trucks and heavy equipment in a safe and expedient manner.
- Independently perform preventative maintenance and repairs on various types of equipment heavy, construction, gas/diesel trucks and small engines.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and accurately repair construction equipment.
- Provide high quality control standards by inspecting and testing all equipment prior to leaving the shop.
- Carry out employment duties in accordance with applicable safety rules and procedures
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area
- Education: High school diploma
- Experience: At least two years of previous experience in construction or other related fields performing the basic essential functions of the position.
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to drive a manual transmission vehicle.
Possess an appropriate tool set for the position.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Persistence and perseverance to meet goals.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, and crouch for extended periods of time up to ten (10) hours per day.
- Physical exertion required, including, but not limited to: walking, standing, stooping, bending and lifting up to 90lbs.
- Exposure to the elements heat, cold, rain, wind