The Concrete Foreman has primary responsibilities for the day to day operations of the concrete crew or multiple projects for all concrete construction projects. Project staffing and selection of required equipment to perform tasks in line with budgeted cost and production schedules are necessary. Safe, efficient production will be a primary concern of this position. Project planning will be necessary to achieve the goals of production and safety, as well as the timely completion of projects.
- Supervise, mentor and coach craft personnel as it relates to company policies and procedures and work requirements.
- Direct work of the assigned crew to meet daily schedule.
- Perform on-site coordination of manpower, materials, and equipment.
- Understand the production schedule and adjust daily work to meet schedule.
- Request material needed for the scope of work.
- Read, understand and interpret plans and specifications as required and check work accordingly to specifications.
- Maintain a high level of safety and adherence to all safety policies and procedures for craft personnel and subcontractors.
- Education: High school diploma.
- Experience: At least five years of previous experience and/or training in the concrete industry; Must possess advanced knowledge of concrete paving, tools, and equipment; Must possess in-depth knowledge of layout for footings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, and crouch for extended periods of time up to ten (10) hours per day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, carry forms.
- Must work safely at all times.
- Exposure to the elements of heat, cold, rain, wind.