The superintendent will possess significant knowledge of the concrete trade with an emphasis on “project-specific” concrete structures. The superintendent is directly responsible for managing and directing the flow of work; communicating priorities to subcontractors and field staff; adheres to EGC’s safety standards; coordinates with PM and PS and maintains daily field documents of all activities and site conditions. In order for you to be a successful leader for our company, it will be imperative that you be willing to perform the work by training and managing project personnel.
- Manage all structural concrete work to include foundations, elevated formwork cycles, cranes, layout and controls, placement, consolidating and finishing concrete best practices.
- Must understand basic concrete principles such as concrete mix designs, admixtures, curing, cold and hot weather procedures for concrete placing and finishing, formwork systems, etc. as well as concrete calculations for pours.
- Capable of submittal and shop drawing review process (Such as rebar, tendons, stud-rails, concrete, etc.) Verify that all required shop drawings, plans, mix designs, special material approvals, traffic control plans, and other documents necessary for assigned phases of work have been submitted and approved prior to the start of the work.
- Properly code field delivery tickets and employee time cards as required and turn them into the project manager promptly.
- Maintain and submit 3 Week Look-Ahead schedules; communicate updates and impacts to schedule with PM on a daily basis.
- Manage field labor and provide field training.
- Monitoring and Forecasting of man/crew hours.
- Schedule pump trucks, material and equipment deliveries.
- Adhere to safety standards and ensure that trade and subcontractor site safety is in compliance with EGC standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Identify problems early and act immediately to provide solutions.
- Oversee the work to ensure installation is in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents Maintain quality control for work performed by employees and subcontractors. (QA/QC compliance).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience professional experience within the construction and concrete industry experience using BlueBeam a plus.
- Proficient with Outlook, Excel and MS Project a plus.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret contract documents including drawings, specifications, scopes of work, and the project schedule.
- Solid written and oral communication skills. Bi-Lingual, English & Spanish, is ideal.
- Must be competent at performing complete and accurate project take-offs.
- Proficiency in industry practices, processes, and standards.
- OSHA requirements and other legal restrictions. Provide a safe job site condition for traveling public and pedestrians.
- Holds weekly toolbox safety meetings.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, and crouch for extended periods of time up to ten (10) hours per day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, carry forms.
- Must work safely at all times.
- Exposure to the elements of heat, cold, rain, wind