Heavy Equipment Operator
The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for operating the following equipment: Excavator, Mini Excavator Skid Steer, Front end Loader, Rough terrain Fork-lift. Must learn and understand all safety hazards related to the work and learn to safely and effectively use or operate work related tools and equipment.
The Operator will possess competency in the following areas in order to perform their role in a safe, productive, and effective manner:
- Responsible for lay-out and fine grade
- Digs on grade
- Grading Stone/Gravel
- Digs Footings/Foundations/Grade Beams
- Completes Trenching and Pit Excavations
- Completes Finishing application and hoisting
- Certified to operate heavy equipment required
- Must have own transportation
- Must have the ability to exert heavy physical effort, handling average weight objects up to 80 pounds.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, balance, climb or crawl.
- Ability to handle equipment such as Fork-lift, Back-hoe, Excavator, Roller, Dozer, Skid steer Loader, Track Loader, and Rubber tiel loader
- Ability to tolerate heights without fear.
- Ability to maintain balance.