The primary function of the Concrete Estimator is to provide accurate bid proposals and scope analysis for potential construction projects. Additional responsibilities include quote review, project management, and material purchasing. Prepare pricing estimates on new projects and estimate prices on change orders on existing contracts. Exercise good judgment and experience in working with purchasing, concrete labor, equipment and transportation costs to arrive at full cost estimate with appropriate profit margins to achieve Company's goals.
- Functions as Lead Estimator
- Read and understand job bid instructions, detailed specifications, prepare a "take off" of materials included in the job
- Estimate all necessary labor, materials, buyout items, equipment costs (including crane costs) to prepare a through price estimate.
- Review proposals, specifications, drawing, attend pre-bid meetings, etc…to determine scope of work and develop quantity take-offs
- Incorporates safety in the means and methods decision making during the estimating phase
- Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers and subcontractors
- Develops and maintains relationships with owners, general contractors
- Responsible for buyout process with Project Manager
- At least 5 years estimating successful large commercial self-perform concrete projects
- Must possess the knowledge and field experience associated with cast in place concrete construction, concrete footings, and foundations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for dealing with contractors, suppliers, purchasing, sales and others.
- Ability to read and interpret technical and legal documents.
- Knowledge of related structural products including joist, deck, stairs, rails, anchor rods, etc.
- Ability to assemble scope of work with required information in including inclusions, exclusions and qualifications.
- Knowledge of terminology customarily used in construction and knowledge of use of computer and estimating software packages.
- Microsoft software applications including Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience using B2W software is a plus