Commercial Concrete Laborer/Carpenter
- Perform general construction labor to include jobsite clean-up and moving of materials by hand.
- Operating motorized equipment including power tools, saws, hammers, nails and bolts.
- Work requires alert individuals with good balance and physical strength.
- Assist in pouring of vertical concrete.
- Install reshores per instructions.
- Working during inclement weather, could be exposed to extreme cold and heat, noise and dust from construction operations depending upon project site.
- Build and/or assemble wood or metal forms for the construction of concrete floors, slabs, walls, columns, tilt-walls, elevated concrete slabs, elevator cores, stairways, etc.
- Set and place forms to proper elevations and locations and may aid in installing reinforcing steel
- Set and erect forms using a wide variety of materials and forming systems, primarily symon forms
- Verify accuracy of structures using a plumb bob, carpenters level, laser and/or digital transit.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level
- Communicate with Foreman, Riding Boss, or Project Manager regarding any problems arising, materials required, or any safety hazards identified
- Ensure equipment is all in safe working condition
- May help signal concrete deliverer to position truck to facilitate pouring
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety policies and guidelines
- Assist with placement of concrete as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience in construction or contracting industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, and crouch for extended periods of time up to ten (10) hours per day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, carry forms
- Must work safe at all times.
- Exposure to the elements heat, cold, rain, wind