Commercial Construction Concrete Worker
Highly Competitive Wages for those who qualify!!
Most qualified candidates will be proficient in multiple areas of concrete construction including:
- Carpentry, Rebar placement (rod busting), Laboring, heavy equipment operating and finishing.
- The ability to read blueprints and run layout (especially total station) would be especially great!
Carpentry skills include:
- Instruct, erect, install concrete forms of all types.
- Measure and mark lines on materials --verify trueness of structure, using plumb bob and level.
- Able to install block outs, embedded angles, plates, bolts, and other anchors to formwork.
- Understand, interpret, and troubleshoot blueprints, sketches or building plans.
Laboring skills include:
- Operate a variety of concrete related hand and power tools.
- Willing to clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces and concrete forms, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris and remove waste materials.
Rod busting skills include:
- Position and secure steel bars or mesh in concrete forms in order to reinforce concrete.
- Use a variety of fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, and hand tools.
Heavy Equipment skills include:
- Operate heavy equipment associated with concrete construction including: motor grader, bobcat, dozer, backhoes, loaders, graders, and excavators.
Finishing skills include:
- Smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Align forms for sidewalks, curbs, or gutters; patch voids; and use saws to cut expansion joints.