Class A Driver (Ready-Mix Truck, Tractor Tailer, Dump Truck)
Concrete Strategies is seeking to hire Class A/Class B CDL Driver. The driver will be trained to drive ready-mix trucks, tractor trailers, and dump trucks.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle.
- Ensure the trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to tractor unit.
- Transport goods from the place of origin to assigned destination.
- Pick-up loads and organize goods in an ordered, logical manner.
- Ensure contents are properly secured inside of truck to prevent breakage or damage.
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload goods at selected destinations.
- Obtain signatures or warehouse scans to confirm and complete deliveries with clients.
- Assist in mapping delivery routes.
- Stay on the predetermined route and ensure timely deliveries.
- Communicate with dispatch as needed.
- Confirm the contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document.
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip.
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure.
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean.
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.).
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered.
- Follow the delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times.
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs.
- Track and report working hours.
- Adhere to company rules and regulations.
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions.
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations.
- Make safety a priority at all times.